How to Apply
Occupational Therapy Doctorate: Post-Professional MS to OTD or BS to OTD Program
Following are the deadlines for the EKU Online OTD program:
- Summer Term – May 5. Classes start May 22.
- Fall Term – August 5. Classes start in August 21.
1. A degree from an entry level occupational therapist program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). Note: International applicants must have met all requirements for practice in their own country and graduated from an accredited or World Federation of Occupational Therapy (WFOT) approved occupational therapy program.
2. Certification by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). Note: International applicants must provide documentation that they are eligible to practice as an occupational therapist in their home country.
3. For applicants with a master’s degree, a graduate-level research methods course.
4. GRE scores of 147 or higher on the verbal and 147 or higher on the quantitative sections and a 3.5 or higher on the analytical writing section. Note: The GRE will be waived if the applicant has earned a degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Part I: Apply to EKU
1. Start your EKU Graduate School Application.
2. Complete Supporting Documents – You can submit the 2 items below in the final section of your application under the “Supporting Documents” tab, or mail, fax or e-mail them to the EKU Graduate School using the address at the bottom of the screen.
- Resume or professional portfolio
- Statement of professional objectives: Your statement of professional objectives is an important part of the application process. Faculty will use the essay to evaluate your written communication skills as well as to evaluate the relationship of your career goals to those of the program. It should be 1 or 2 pages in length and include your name, address and phone number.
Part II: Send Documents
1. Letters of Recommendation – Submit 3 letters of recommendation that highlight your leadership potential. Ideally, one should be from an employer/supervisor. The additional letters can be from those who have worked closely with you as an occupational therapist (suggestions include: former employers, administrators, and colleagues who are familiar with your professional work experience, and faculty members from your most recent academic degree). Note: If you earned your MS in Occupational Therapy from EKU, you are exempt from this requirement.
2 Transcripts – Contact any and all colleges or universities that you have attended and request that your transcripts be sent directly to EKU at the address below. Most schools have an online request form for this service. Transcripts sent to a student and then delivered to EKU will not be accepted. Each transcript must bear the original signature of the authorized official, along with the seal of the institution, and must be sent to EKU directly from the issuing institution. Transcripts are not required for courses taken at EKU.
3 GRE Scores – The GRE is waived if you have earned a degree from a regionally accredited institution. If you did not earn your degree from a regionally accredited institution, have your official test scores sent to EKU. Order your GRE scores from the Educational Testing Service website.
All documents should be sent to:
EKU Graduate School
310 Whitlock Building CPO 68
521 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475
Questions? Contact Elizabeth Sartor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-622-7966.